Western New York Combined Carriage Association (WNYCCA)
We promote horse-drawn carriage driving through scheduled recreational drives, competitions, and clinics with safety and fun in mind. Don’t let the name fool you as many of our events such as ECHO and Recreational Drives are for riders, drivers or even passengers! The fun with driving is you can bring a friend!
WNYCCA likes to keep its members busy year-round with events not only in fair weather but winter as well. As long as it’s safe we don’t let mother nature ruin our fun and often you can see our crew out on a fun drive in rain gear or even bundled up in snow flurries. If snow and cold isn’t your thing don’t worry, with as many as 2-3 planned events most months you’re sure to find something to enjoy. What kind of events do we do?
- Professional Driving Clinics – We host top named driving clinicians so you can freshen up your driving skills before the show season gets into full swing. And as true to our social fun form, a member BBQ too.
- Recreational Drives – WNY is loaded with trails safe enough for a horse and carriage. Join us on a day trip to a new trail complete with social hour dish to pass after of course.
- ECHO – Up to 10 events planned throughout the year. Year end competitor and volunteer awards
- Competition Support – Pleasure shows, Combined Trials, Horse Driving Trials and CDEs. Our members go to many events and we all work to support each other.
- Promotional Events – our goal is to get folks interested in driving. Volunteer with us to work the WNYCCA booth at seminars, EquiFests, or even to drive, ride, long-line an ECHO demo!
- Quarterly Forums – While board meetings and Show committees keep the group on track, we need member input too. The board is available 4 times a year in person to listen to member suggestions and requests on how to better our organization.
- Annual Meeting/Auction – Year end awards meeting and silent auction. Awards given to both competitors and volunteers who qualify.
Read a copy of our WNYCCA BYLAWS